ROLE: Fall Protection Installer
We’re hiring! Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop a career in the fall protection industry. This role is based out of Calgary, AB and works on remote client sites and the candidates personal home office when not on client sites. Apply today to be a Fall Protection Installer at Height Works!
FALL PROTECTION INSTALLER
Height Works is seeking a motivated and collaborative team member to join our growing organization. As a Fall Protection Installer you are responsible for performing a variety of tasks including installing fall protection systems. In addition, we hope you’d want to learn and advance your skills and knowledge to eventually become a certified fall protection inspector in order to perform inspections and testing, audits and quality control, and technical reporting. Periodic travel throughout Western Canada is required.
Primary Duties Include:
- Installation of engineered fall protection systems.
- Using hand tools, both manual and powered to install fall protection systems and other components.
- Using PPE (fall protection personal protective equipment ie: harness, ropes etc…) while working and using hand tools (manual and/or powered tools).
- Distributing engineered system materials and components throughout the project work site.
- Always ensuring a safe and organized work site.
- Willingness to learn and advance your career towards becoming a fall protection technician by learning new skills and acquiring new certifications as approved by your direct manager.
- An interest in the fall protection industry.
- Willingness to learn and adhere to strict safety rules and regulations.
- Previous construction experience or experience working with hand tools (manual and powered).
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions unless otherwise deemed unsafe to perform duties while working-at-heights.
- Interested in candidates who hold their Fall protection end user and Fall Protection Competent Person and Inspection certification.
Qualifications, Certifications and/or Training (preferred but not required):
- Designations - CSA 147.2 Weld Inspections (level 1 and/or 2), or Tech and/or CET
- Certifications - Aerial Work Platform, Rescue Safety or Confined Spaces.
- Fall protection systems use
- Training - Construction work safety, engineered fall protection system installations, or personal safety equipment inspections.
- And an impeccable safety record.
Attitude and Computer Skills:
- Friendly, positive, and professional attitude combined with strong communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Email, Report Writing.
THE HEIGHT WORKS BENEFITS
As a Height Works employee you can enjoy working for a company in a growing industry that strives to provide its customers with solutions to fall hazards. When you join Height Works its not just working another job, rather we’d hope you’d want to consider growing a career with us, and in doing so you can expect:
- A competitive hourly wage.
Between $25 - $36 an hour depending on work experience.
- Dental and health benefits.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Paid relevant business and travel expenses.
- Paid professional development and education.
- A flexible work environment built on the values and ethics of “work hard, play hard!”
- A collaborative work environment with a team that loves to celebrate its successes through multi-annual staff events.
Click this link to learn more about Height Works!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org